Monday, November 26, 2007

Hello All

Greetings to all 2007 CBC Revive Concert Crew/Musicians/Members!

This was actually an idea to keep a log of the work that we (and also me personally and perhaps you as well) of the stuff we went through organizing and conducting the Evangelical concert 2007. I will be recording live updates of the concert's progress as of now until December 29th and also the aftermath. If you would like to pitch in, let me know and I'll turn this into a group log that we can keep. Let's just say I'm writing the Concert 2007 testimony right now as we speak.

So here goes for the first entry. It'll be a long one.

As of 1 am in the morning of 26NOV2007

The Lord has been good. In the past week, we've got the list of songs almost set, we've got the Pastor on board and we've got the approval of the council to do the thing. We've got the flyers out and we've got approval for that as well.

But I find I'm hitting several roadblocks. I planned to introduce a 4 part advertisement campaign consisting of - 1) Other Churches in the area, 2) The PJS community, 3) Colleges around the area e.g Taylors, Sunway, Inti, 4) Patrons of Sunway pyramid.

As of today, Sunway Pyramid has rejected our request to distribute flyers in the vicinity. I'm thinking of a way around that now. They were courteous enough to reply my EMAIL.. how cool is that. Really good management there. I've got great respect for them. But maybe we've got to do it a little differently. We've got the flyers out but I've hit a slight roadblock with the Colleges. Most courses have already ended (I guess we were just too late). But there will definitely be students still around then area. We've hit a small roadblock in Sunway college because as of the time of posting, Sunway college is on it's last day of classes. I don't know if we'll get the flyers out in time. I'm a little bummed out at the advertising roadblocks so far, but have faith. We'll pull through somehow. By grace, The Lord will provide the people to come to this concert.

Another slight roadblock is the fact that practices aren't abundant. So we've really got to work it all out in the coming weeks.

That's it for this entry. Updates on the result of the College dilemma in a few hours I suppose.

KJ out.

___

Aside from posting actual logs, I will also be inserting in more 'testimony' elements into this recording of the Concert process and procedure to fill in some gaps. Daily posting is a must I believe and I've got a lot to write out.

We'll then let this page live forever as a living testimony for our lord Jesus.

Cheers.

No comments: