Thursday, January 17, 2008

Revive Concert - How it came to be (PART3)

PART 3 – A concert? Why?

The concert idea was actually an evolution of the 2006 New Year’s Eve concert on the rooftop. I’ve always known that an evangelistic concert would work. Maybe it didn’t have the large scale results that I was wishfully hoping for, but I know it works. The Australians have proved it thousands of times. People come to Christ through music. It just works. Christian music has that power. Which is why I do believe in buying Christian CDs. You can lend them to a friend and you never know what will happen.

2006’s concert was no evangelistic concert. It was just a concert for fun. To celebrate the new building. To have fun. To just experience playing under the clouds for once. The idea of an evangelistic concert spawned from there when I mentioned it to Uncle Chris. Since we just opened, maybe the idea wasn’t for 2006 but for the near future. And so it slowly started to materialize in 2007.

I didn’t want to do it the moment I came back from church camp. I was debating if I should go on with the plan all the way until November. Questions kept coming in my head – what would I achieve out of it? Who would come? Would it work? Who would we minister to? At the end of it all, would we truly learn anything? Would we truly bring people to Christ? Would this really help the ministry of the future college in any way at all? I just kept asking myself over and over again. I also kept asking ‘How the heck am I supposed to do something like this?’ but that became a much more regular question later on.

I decided on the evangelistic concert in the end. Some of the questions were answered. The main thing that bothered me was the purpose and to what ends we would achieve. But I had my answers. Even if we only brought 1 soul to Christ, that would’ve been enough. AND even if we didn’t do that, this would’ve been an experience so great that we would learn from it so that we could do it again and again in the future. That was the purpose. That purpose would further expand later on, but that is a story for 2008.

So there you have it. That’s how the concert materialized. I know it’s not as majestic as you might have thought. There was no divine blue print faxed from heaven. There was no booming voice that spoke in my dreams. It was just me and God having a one to one chat. Or a debate rather which ended up in one thing – me knowing that I’ve done my very best for Him. It’s the first time I’ve really left everything in His hands and at the end of it all, given Him full credit.

So there you go. This website will be immortalized in webspace for all time, so that whoever stumbles upon it shall know that God is truly alive and will see how He has worked in this small little concert group of 2007. Cheers.


___

That's the end of my story. Now, there are still more updates to come - Concert Songlist and lyrics of the 2 original compositions. And perhaps some snippets from the other concert crew.

No comments: