Thursday, December 13, 2007

POSTERS!

The Posters are finally DonE! I will be posting up some images of these things too on the website. Maybe I'll even use it as the background. But anyway, big big big big big humongous round of appreciation for our very own Adrian who has toiled endless nights to bring satisfaction to my standards. I did warn him that I'd be particular about how it looks. But I guess 80% is good enough. I'm really really pleased with the end product.

Let me just tell you guys about the process of making the flyers and posters right here.

I first approached Adrian to do the flyers because he's done stuff like this before. I'm not one for design. I only know how to tell you how it's supposed to look like and not really how to do it. I can draw on paper what I want, but putting it into actual digital imaging? I can't do that to save my life and anybody else's. Anyway, we both met up (with Edward tagging along and alot of subsequent ridiculous joking that invovled fido dido. You don't want to know about that) and I drew him a quick sketch of what I wanted it to look like. And when I say quick sketch, I really mean quick sketch. For him to turn my sketches into reality is just amazing.

To understand how much work was truly invovled, you can ask him. You can also ask him how much sleep he's lost. I presume it's alot since he does have a day job (sometimes night shift) as well and I take almost all the rest of his time to do these things. He does what I tell him to do and sends me a sample. I tell him what I want corrected and he goes back to work. And again and again and again. Each one takes maybe a couple of minutes? But the entire conception of the ideas takes days and days and days. In my computer folder of test subjects, I am happy to report that we made a grand total of 13 samples for the flyers and 3 actual ones, 21 poster samples and 1 actual one, and 5 miscellaneous tests. Anyone who knows about photoshop can perhaps understand how much work Adrian has put in to this. that's a total of more than 40 photoshop creations.

That is alot of work. And I am really happy we've finally got it done.

BIG BIG BIG BIG ROUND OF APPLAUSE FOR ADRIAN!

If you'd like to drop a comment, now is the time to do so and really give this guy a pat on the back. He's entering the hall of fame.. of something.

Cheers.

-KJ out

P.S. I'm writing my short testimonial record of how this concert came to be. It'll probably be up tomorrow.

No comments: