Saturday, December 22, 2007

Well, I haven't written anything about the past two days' practice sessions. I've been sick as I think you already read previously, but it is slowly escalating to something worse. My throat is incredibly infected, my nose is blocked to oblivion and I'm developing a cough. And the doctor said my tonsils are swollen. Sounds like I'm dieing doesn't it?

Anyway, I have faith that somehow or other, God is going to heal me and get my singing voice ready for the 29th. But that doesn't mean I'll recklessly eat all my curries and scream my lungs out everyday. No, I have to take care of myself too but I have faith that my recovery will be in time for the 29th. It's a terrible time to get sick and some of the other crew members are sick as well. I think Nigel is ill too, and Adrian is just recovering. I pray no one else falls sick in between this time.

We've started going through the entire concert on Thursday. I tell you, the stamina that some of these guys have is incredible. Particularly Isaac. After 2 rounds of playing the ENTIRE concert program he's still got energy to muck about and do nonsense. Sure we've all had a good laugh, but I never thought I'd meet a real life energizer bunny. The practices are going well. Some of the songs are still a bit rough. For the most part, it's moving relatively smoothly. We've covered the entire program 4 times already I think. It's all coming together slowly. We've got a couple more practice sessions coming up. The only thing remains is for the rest of the crew (including me as well) to memorize everything. Chords, lyrics, rhythms, intros, outtros, when to come in, when to stop etc etc. Once we get that, we're ready to rock and roll.

Flyers will be distributed to PJS today. We've just started printing the copies - 1500 of them. The leftovers will be used to distribute at tonights caroling and also if we have the time and extra flyers we're going to venture into the shopping malls. Isaac is adamant we should try the shopping complexes and I think it cannot go extremely terribly. In the event that we'll get chased out, at least we'll get some good exercise running from Security.

We still need people for the Sound/Light and LCD. The LCD operator is becoming more and more important as I view the priorities of recruitment. If we don't have someone for LCD, we're pretty much lyricless for everyone in the crowd. Still a hitch there. But I think that can be solved tomorrow.

I realise that the entire concert now is only exactly a week away. At this time next week we will be all nervous and preparing to get things done and preparing to go on stage. At this time next week everything will have finally worked out and the concert would be in full gear. There's no pulling back now. And I still have no idea what I'm doing. I guess when all this is over, my testimony about how God works would've just grown 10 times over.

That's it for this update. Merry Christmas in advance and see you on Boxing day.

-KJ out

1 comment:

wiggid said...

Hey KJ, just letting you know that there is at least one soul reading your posts right now! Ok make that two. Sis is beside me! =)