Friday, December 14, 2007

Yet another practice session.

These practices are really tiring. Anyone in the concert group will testify to that. It's taking a particularly large toll on my voice. And my back. For some reason, my back is aching. Nigel's as well. Funny... I always thought back pain was the sign of old age. But then again, white hair used to be the sign of old age but just today I realised what a lot of it Ivan's got.

Well, seamless it isn't but the flow of the songs was there today. They seemed to blend well. I would consider it pretty damn good already. Boy are all of us in for a night of really good music. And I'm not just saying that because I know this band. They are really good. Better than my own group back in 2006's New Year's Eve concert.

Had a minor setback today. The girls couldn't make it and we were planning to do 2 songs from Mabel's selection. Sadly something has come up and they had plans. We went ahead anyway with the first 5 songs. Nothing too major yet. Just pray that this doesn't happen all that often.

Speaking of other plans, we've got a big practice stint coming up real soon. It's a daily practice from Monday to Friday. I really hope that we get some real commitment so that we can get some things done. It's going to be particularly stressful for all the vocalists. Me included. I was so out of breath after going through the first few songs I think 4-5 times. Let's hope my stamina holds up.

We are still looking for volunteers to help in the select few areas that require lots of aid. Particularly now (and I've realised how urgently we need this) the sound and light and LCD operators. Pray that God will put it on someone's heart to serve as a volunteer in this area. And also the other areas - Traffic Control, Crowd Control, Manual Labour and Clean Up.

The final stint of the concert advertising is about to begin. With the posters up, we'll have them around the area soon enough. Let's hope we've made them attractive enough to really draw people in.

So, still alot to do in this short time. I suddenly realised that the concert is only 2 weeks away. Yikes. We're really treading in deep water now. If the Lord hadn't gone before us, we'd be seriously lost. Funny story though is how sometimes I get asked how we're supposed to do certain things and the only answer I can give is 'I don't know'. The best example of this was when we were giving out flyers the first time around. Edward and Nigel mentioned 'We should plan first how we're going to do this' and I'd just go and say 'Let's just go and do it!' and they'd ask 'how?' to which I'd give my famous shrug and 'I have no idea'.
In truth I really have no idea how this works. I have never done anything like it and have no idea how it will all come together. But trust in the Lord that it will. It is his plan after all. I think.

So pray that the small details will be ironed out soon enough. Before we really come to crisis.

-KJ out.

I'll post up some pictures in the next post for you to enjoy. Pictures of the flyers and posters.

No comments: