Monday, December 31, 2007

THE AFTERMATH

Well, it's a lovely monday afternoon now the 31st of December. The very last day of the year. Usually we like to take this day to reflect on what God has done for us all year and boy do I have a lot to reflect on.

Starting with this very website's content. The Revive Concert 2007.

It has been quite a rollercoaster ride really. There have been tremendous ups and tremendous downs. Some of which I will not go into detail. Firstly the overall picture. I believe it went well. I believe success doesn't have to be defined by how many people turned up. I believe success doesn't have to depend on how many people turned to Jesus that day. Sure it was an evangelical event but I think God is smiling on our efforts. I did mention to some of the crew before - if all fails and everything is rubbish at least we learn from it. Which is exactly what I've gained from this experience. I've learned so much about myself and so much about depending on God to do the miracles. I remember what Pastor Timothy said in his prayer with us before the concert and also what Mark Hall of Casting Crowns said - God doesn't need us to do these things. He's going to do all these great things and He just wants us to come along.

Quite alot went wrong on the concert day. Firstly, the warm up practice started a little rough. Then Adam's string broke right before the song that needed him for the intro. The microphone sounds in the front were too blaring and the sounds at the back were to muffled. Not many people heard what Nigel had to share. I caught most of it. You can ask him to enlighten you if you didn't catch it. Nobody responded to the call for prayers but Pastor Tim prayed for everyone nonetheless. We had an encore that none of us prepared for. I was entirely out of breath and my stomach was hurting nearing the end. I don't know how tired the other singers were but I was entirely out of breath. And my throat was incredibly dry.

Still, despite all these things, I have to say - a job well done. As you will see in my testimony later on - which I promise will come - there were several aims in this concert. One was of course to evangelise to the public. But there was another - to learn how to conduct something of this magnitude in order to do it again in the future for the benefit of the College ministry that will happen in the future. Now is the time to start. Though those who are in the current group may not be here when the Taylor's College opens (me included) we will use this experience to teach those that will be here when it opens. It has been a great learning experience. It has been an amazing challenge for me, putting this thing together. Countless times I was completely clueless about how to go about doing things but the Lord has provided endlessly. The Lord took charge of Saturday's concert.

Above all, there was one more achievement. The bonds of friendship between everyone in the concert team has been strengthened by an incredible bound. I rest easy knowing I have brought such wonderful individuals together. It has been a blessing working with them, jamming with them and praying with them.

That's it for the live updates this time around. For those of you who've enjoyed the concert, drop a comment. And don't tune out yet. There are some more updates coming your way. My personal account of how the concert came to be - I'm sure you're all waiting for that. So stay tuned.

-Kj out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

woah~ wow~ this happened on the 29th?! =O